DINAS PENDIDIKAN KABUPATEN WONOGIRI
MKKS - SMK KABUPATEN WONOGIRI
ULANGAN AKHIR SEMESTER GASAL
TAHUN PELAJARAN 2015/2016
Mata Pelajaran : Bahasa Inggris
Kompetensi Keahlian : Semua Kompetensi Keahlian
Kelas : X (sepuluh)
Waktu : 07.30 – 09.30 (120 menit)
1. Sebelum mengerjakan soal, tulislah dahulu nomor tes anda pada lembar jawab yang telah disediakan.
2. Tulislah jawaban anda pada lembar jawab yang telah disediakan dengan bollpoint.
3. Bacalah dengan teliti petunjuk cara mengerjakan soal sebelum anda menjawab.
4. Laporkan kepada Pengawas Tes apabila terdapat tulisan yang kurang jelas, rusak, atau jumlah kurang.
5. a. Untuk soal Pilihan Ganda, berilah tanda silang (X) pada lembar jawab yang tersedia. b. Untuk soal Essay, tulislah jawaban anda pada lembar jawab yang tersedia
6. Apabila ada jawaban yang anda anggap salah dan anda ingin memperbaiki, coretlah dengan dua garis lurus mendatar pada jawaban yang anda anggap salah, kemudian berilah tanda silang (X) pada huruf yang anda anggap benar.
Contoh: Pilihan semula Dibenarkan
A B C D A B C D
X X X
7. Periksalah pekerjaan anda sebelum diserahkan kepada Pengawas.
I. MULTIPLE CHOICE
Questions 1 to 25, choose the appropriate option to complete each sentence or dialogue
1. One of my classmates … a scholarship from Harvard University.
2. Google has finally released Android 6.0 Marshmallow, the latest and greatest reworking of the most popular mobile platform in the world. They said that … has better performance than the previous one.
3. Mr. Sarno : ...
Ms. Sarah : Not yet. Nice to meet you, Mr. Rudi Mr. Rudi : Nice to meet you, too.
A. Let me introduce you to our new colleague
B. Allow me to introduce you to Mr. Rudi
C. Do you know that Mr. Rudi is our new colleague?
D. Have you met Mr. Rudi, our new colleague?
4. Abi : This is a gift for you, Lia. Today is your 17th birthday, isn’t it? Wish you all the best! Lia : Wow, it’s very nice. That’s very kind of you.
Abi : ....
A. It’s my pleasure
B. I’m very happy
C. Yes, I am
5. Nani : Do you know where my handphone is? Rendy : I don’t know. …
Nani : It doesn’t matter.
A. It’s on the drawer.
B. Siska bring it.
C. I’m sorry.
D. I didn’t steal it.
6. Dina : Where have you been? I didn’t see you for a week? Nanda : I suffered from dengue fever. I’ve to stay for a week. Dina : Oh, …. Hope you’ll get better soon.
A. how lucky you are
B. I know how it feels
C. please accept my condolences
D. I think you’d better see the doctor
7. Ramon : Tom's got two tickets for Linkin Park concert on Friday. …? His father : Where's the concert?
Ramon : It's at Jakarta Convention Centre. I've got some money for the ticket. His father : OK, then.
A. Can I go with him
B. Would you mind buying me one
C. May I ask him to accompany me
D. Will you come
8. Guest : Would it be a problem if I left my luggage here for a few minutes? Staff : … I’ll keep an eye on it.
A. No problem at all, Sir.
B. Don’t leave it here, Sir
C. Not necessary, Sir.
D. Are you serious?
9. Siti : May I read a story before I sleep, Mum? Her mother : … But try to sleep early.
Siti : Thanks Mummy.
A. I don’t think so
B. I agree!
D. Have a nice dream
10. Shopkeeper : May I help you, Ma’am?
Diana : Yes. I choose this shirtwaist but I think it’s too small for me. …? Shopkeeper : Sure, wait a minute.
A. Would you mind helping me
B. Could you keep them, please
C. Why don’t you give it to me
D. Can you take me the bigger one
11. Rahmat : I’m sorry for being late, Sir. My bike ran out of gas on my way here. Mr. Eko : …
Rahmat : Ok, Sir. I’ll do that.
A. You had better call Go-Jek.
B. I can help you.
C. My friend works in a gas station.
D. You should check it before going somewhere.
12. Dora : Do you think I should buy this camera? Momo : I think it’s too expensive. ….
A. You must buy this camera
B. You should find a cheaper one
C. You can choose the newest product
D. You could take it
13. Retno : I … forget to phone Joko.
Rika : Why?
Retno : It’s his birthday tomorrow.
14. Susi Susanti won the women's singles gold medal at the 1992 Olympic Games in Barcelona, Spain. She was really ….
15. Renita : I haven’t met our new friend. What does he look like? Sari : Wow, I think he is like a Korean actor. ….
A. He has an expensive gadget
B. He is very remarkable
C. He looks happy
D. He’s handsome
16. Rahmad : Is your sister very tall ? Soni : ....
A. Yes, she is quite friendly
B. No, she is about medium height
C. She likes my sister very much
D. Yes, her eyes are black and beautiful
17. Sammy : What are the characteristics of a good employee? Didik : ...
A. dependable and loyal
B. lazy and dishonest
C. tiring and boring
D. naughty and stingy
18. Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates may not be the wealthiest person in the world but he has already given more than $28 billion to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. His ultimately goal with the project is to do away with deadly diseases like malaria and polio. So, what should we call him?
A. a humble person
B. a generous person
C. a rich person
D. a famous person
19. Guest : Excuse me, I think my wallet was left in here. Do you see it? A waiter : Well, can you describe it?
Guest : …
A. It’s an expensive one from UK.
B. It’s a small blue one with a silver collar.
C. It’s a black leather one with a white brand name.
D. It’s a big Chinese one with five buttons.
20. Waiter : Hello, ..., Sir?
Jason : Yes, I'd like a grilled cheese sandwich and a glass of coke, please. Waiter : Okay, wait a minute, Sir.
A. Can you help me
B. Would you like to order
C. Are you ready to eat
D. Would you like taste this food
21. Maritime Affairs and Fisheries Minister Susi Pudjiastuti is not an insider politician and does not A
belongs to the traditional political or military elite in this country. B C D
22. Raka : What does Basuki do? A
Nina : He’s a waiter in Pedes Restaurant. He takes order and serving the food to the guests. B C D
23. Anto : As a student we can obey our parents and teachers. A
Ahmad : Yes, you’re right. Nowadays some of students do not listen to them.
B C D
24. Mr. Jack : You look tired. What’s the matter? A
Sherly : It’s been a very hard week. B C
Mr. Jack : You should ha s a good rest during the weekend. D
25. Dixon : What do you think about your job interview? A
Jerry : It was difficult. Some questions made me confusing.
B C D
Questions 26 to 27 refer to the following description. Choose the correct answer.
26. What does Douglas speak?
D. United States of America
27. “… short fair hair.” (Line 2)
The underlined word has the opposite meaning with ….
Questions 28 to 30 refer to the following description. Choose the correct answer.
28. What is Raisa’s first career?
A. Vocalist of a band.
B. Solo singer.
29. What make people like Raisa?
A. She is talented singer.
B. She is good person.
C. Her song entitled Raisa is booming.
Halaman 4 Michael Douglas is a very famous and popular American actor. He is about sixty years old. He is a slim person and he is average height. He has got light brown eyes and short fair hair. His wife is a very beautiful British actress who is named Catherine Zeta-Johns. She has got green eyes and long straight black hair. They have got a daughter who is two years old. They all live in the United States of America.
Raisa Andriana and also known by the name as Raisa, is an Indonesian singer. Raisa is a solo singer who carries the genre of pop music, R & B, jazz, and soul. Previously, Raisa is not publicly known as a solo singer. Raisa had been a vocalist in a band that formed by Kevin Aprilio, called Andante.
She became known after the song titled Serba Salah makes Raisa’s name appears as one of the guests on the stage of the Java Jazz Festival 2011. Her debut album entitled Raisa own name produced and released in 2011 by Solid Records and Universal Music Indonesia.
D. She is beautiful.
30. “Her debut album entitled Raisa…” (Par. 2)
The underlined word has the same meaning with ….
Questions 31 to 34 refer to the following description event. Choose the correct answer.
31. Where was the incident happened?
A. In Surakarta.
B. In Jakarta.
C. In Yogyakarta.
D. In Magelang.
32. What factor caused the incident?
D. Front wheel.
33. “… and repair it front wheel ...” (Line 4) What does the underlined word refer to?
A. A passenger.
D. The plane.
34. Which statement is correct?
A. A number of flights were diverted.
B. Adisutjipto Airport was permanently closed.
C. All passengers were treated to the nearest hospital.
D. The rescuers must lift the slipping plane together.
Questions 35 to 37, read the text and choose the word or phrase that best completes each sentence.
35. A. USA B. America C. American D. English
36. A. design B. designs C. designed D. designing
37. A. Apple Inc
Questions 38 to 40, read the text and choose the word or phrase that best completes each sentence.
Halaman 5 A passenger airplane operated by Batik Air, Friday, November 6th, 2015, slipped at Adisutjipto Airport. All passangers reported safe, while the plane slipping with front wheel out from the end of the runway. This incident caused the airport closed for several hours on Friday noon. Rescuers must lift the plane body and repair it front wheel before they are pulling to the airport apron with some vehicles. Early investigation said that the incident caused by wet runway after the rain falling at the region.
Apple Inc. is an ..(35).. multinational corporation that ..(36).. and sells consumer electronics, computer software, and personal computers. Their newest products are iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
These ..(37).. include a number of changes over their predecessor, including models with larger 4.7 and 5.5 inches displays, a faster processor and upgraded cameras.
Thousands of fires in forests and on degraded, treeless peatland in Indonesia in September and October have spread a blinding, sickening haze across the archipelago nation, as well as neighbouring Singapore, Malaysia, the Philippines and Thailand.
Widespread deforestation by small farmers and large companies for agriculture, palm oil and wood products such as paper has left peatlands exposed to the sun. The dried peat and wood debris on these "forest cemeteries" ..(38).. highly flammable.
Researchers ..(39).. the fires are no longer limited to drought years, and are now an annual event, usually peaking in around September or October.
38. A. am B. is C. are D. was
39. A. say B. says C. said D. saying
40. A. good B. awesome C. bad D. great
Question 41 refers to the following text
41. a. What is the text about?
b. What does Manley look like?
Question 42 refers to the following text
42. a. What is brazuca?
b. Why does it have good grip?
43. Say it!
a. 10 + 5 = 15
b. December 1st, 2015
44. Fill in the blanks with the suitable expressions.
a. Harry : Do you know that Mr. Brown is hospitalized? John : No, I don’t. What’s wrong with him?
Harry : He had an accident last night. John : …
b. Andi : ….? I feel so thirsty. Deri : All right.
45. Make a description text about your favorite teacher!
Halaman 6 Gloucester Police are appealing to people in the Bristol area after a woman went missing on Tuesday.
47-year-old Elizabeth Manley, also known as Liz, was last seen at her home address in Cambridge - near Dursley - at about 7.30am on the 27th October.
Liz is described as white, around 5ft 2ins tall and of large build. She has red, shoulder-length hair and could be wearing glasses.
It is thought that at the time that she went missing she was wearing dark blue jeans, a white chequered shirt, black fleece jacket and white muddy trainers. She may also be driving a red Hyundai car.
Officers are extremely worried for Liz's welfare and would urge anyone who may have information on her location to contact Gloucestershire Police on 101, quoting incident number 42 of October 28.