Study of Solar Electricity Powered Air Conditioner in a Tropical Hot Climate - Ubaya Repository

Loading.... (view fulltext now)

Loading....

Loading....

Loading....

Loading....

Teks penuh

(1)

Joint International Conference The 3rd International Conference on Nano Electronics Research and Education (ICNERE)

The 8th International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Communications, Controls, and Informatics System (EECCIS)

October 31 – November 2, 2016 – Malang, Indonesia

31

Study of Solar Electricity Powered Air Conditioner in a Tropical Hot Climate

Elieser Tarigan

Electrical Department and Center for Renewable Energy Studies, PSET, University of Surabaya

Abstract: Air conditioners are becoming more common and are a major

strain on energy demands in tropical climate where air conditioning is used all year round. This work studied of using solar electricity produced by photovoltaic (PV) system to power air conditioners in Surabaya, Indonesia. Measurement tests were conducted on different photovoltaic systems. A grid connect system provides a better solution with the 800 W PV system providing 80 % of the 3.5 kWh load of the air conditioner, while the other 20 % coming from the grid during periods of low irradiation. With the grid-connected system, the PV panel's production does not need to match the consumption of the air conditioner, although a smaller PV array will mean a smaller percentage of the load will be covered by PV.

Keywords:solar energy; PV system; air conditioner; grid connected; off

Figur

Memperbarui...

Referensi

Memperbarui...