Syllabus update: Cambridge IGCSE®
American History (US) (0409)
for examination in 2019, 2020 and 2021
We have updated this syllabus. The latest syllabus is version 2, published December 2016.
What has changed? Detail
Changes to syllabus Changes have been made to:
• Page 24, Depth Study C: the date in Key Question 1 now reads as 1901
• Page 27, Depth Study D: the following specified content point has been added under Revolutions:
– domestic and student protest about Vietnam
• Page 27, Depth Study D: the following specified content point has been added under Women:
– Women and domesticity in the 1950s
Changes to assessment (including changes to specimen papers)
Changes have been made to some of the Level descriptors within the Specimen Mark Scheme for Paper 2 in order to provide additional clarification of the requirements of the Specimen Question Paper. There has been no change to the demand of the assessment.
There are no changes to the Specimen Question Paper.
We have updated the specimen materials for this syllabus.
Please check the updated syllabus and specimen papers for further information.
The syllabus has been updated. You are strongly advised to read the whole syllabus before planning your teaching programme.
® IGCSE is a registered trademark