This text for number 1 to 4
1. a. went b. been
c. go d. were
2. a. cold b. colder c. the coldest d. is cold
3. a. see b. seen
c. saw d. seeing
4. a. car b. boat
c. hut d. tent
This text for number 5 to 8
5. a. reminded b. is reminded c. was remind d. remind
6. a. were b. is
c. was d. are
7. a. drive b. driving c. drives d. driven
8. a. got b. gets
c. gotten d. get
This text is for number 9 to 12
it as “u da . Bill a d his frie d did ’t ……. to school. So the …….. to clean the bedroom. They also cleaned the bathroom and living room. The …….. the bed, swept and mopped the floor, dusted the furniture and rearranged all their books. No ever thi g …….. so lea a d tid , said Billy.
9. a. goes b. go
c. went d. is going
10. a. plan b. plans c. planned d. is planned
11. a. make b. is made c. makes d. made
12. a. looked b. look c. looks d. is looking
This conversation is for number 13 to 14 Kaira : Hello?
Mitha : Hello. Is Rachel there? This is Mitha.
Kaira : Oh, hi Mitha. I am sorry she is at the offi e
Mitha : (13)………. for her? Kaira : Of ourse
Mitha : Well, I just remain her to come to di a’s part this after oo . Did ou get the essage?
Kaira : Yes, I did. Do ’t orr . I’ll tell her the essage
Mitha : (14)………….. . Good e. Kaira : Bye,
13. a. That’s fi e
. Well, a I lea e the essage? . I k o hat ou ea
d. I a reall sorr to hear that M hus a d a d I . ……… up to ile
lake of Colorado. First off, we caught no fish. Not even the entire weekend. It was ……… tha e e pe ted. O our a a k fro usi g the fa ilities o our last or i g, I ………. the te t ur i g. M husband set the camp stove too near the ……. all a d the whole things were in flame.
Let e …….. ou e perie e duri g a earthquake last week. When it happened I ……. o ar. I as ……….. ho e from my vacation to Bali. Suddenly, my car lunched to one side, to the left. I thought I ……… a flat tire. I did ’t k o that it as an earthquake.
SOAL LATIHAN UTS B INGGRIS SMP KELAS 8 SEMESTER 2/ GENAP KTSP
. a. Tha k ou, Kaira . I’ sorr I a ’t . No, pro le d. Yes, ou are right
This text is for number 15 to 19
.Who’s the se der?
a. Farissa b. Endra
. E dra’s other d. Farissa’s father
. Who’s the re ei er?
a. E dra’s other b. Endra . Farissa’s father d. Farissa
17. What kind of text is it? a. Greeting card b. Letter c. Short message d. Caution
18. Where will Farissa go this holiday?
a. Summer camp b. beach c. Museum d. to the mall
19. Does she ask him to accompany her for window shopping?
a. Yes, she does . No, she did ’t . No, she does ’t d. Yes, she did
20. I a t to u a pair of shoes, …… I do ’t have enough money.
a. and b. but c. or d. then
. Do ou like da i g …. “i gi g? a. but b. and c. or d. then
This text is for number 22 to 25
When I was in elementary school, I really loved football. Every Saturday afternoon I practiced in school field with my team and my coach. They were strong and smart players. The coach was couching very discipline. He
would grounded anyone who came late and not obey the team rules.
22. When did the writer really love football? a. When he was in elementary school
b. Every Saturday afternoon c. he came late and not obey the rules d. When he was in junior high school
23. Where the writer used to play football a. In stadium b. In the sport hall
c. In his own field d. In a school field
24. How was the couch couching him?
a. Strong b. Smart
c. Discipline d. Lazy
25. The coach grounded players because the …..
a. Lazy b. Come late
c. Smart d. Play football
26. A : Oh No! I forget to ri g pe ……lend me your pen, please?
a. I do ’t thi k so b. Can I have c. What do you think of d. Can you
27. went – last – week – to – the – she – 1 2 3 4 5 6 waterfall
a. 6 – 1 – 4 – 5 – 7 – 2 – 3 b. 4 – 2 – 1 – 7 – 5 – 3 – 6 c. 4 – 1 - 6 – 5 – 7 – 2 – 3 d. 6 – 4 – 1 – 5 – 7 – 2 – 3 To : Endra
Hi Endra, I want to tell you about something. I have an idea. What do you
thing about going to the mall this holiday? would you like to? I hope you can accompany me to do some window shopping.
Please let me know your a s er. I’ll look forward to it.
28. 1. Fadil : would you like me to move it first?
2. Andra : In front of the big stone over there. H …. There is a bicycle near the stone. 3. Fadil : Yes, ertai l , ou a ’t lift it by yourself. Where do you
want to move it? 4. Andra : Yes, that would be great.
Could you help me move this aggage? It’s reall hea . 5. Fadil : Sure, would you like me to put
it near the baggage? 6. Andra : No, thank you.
7. Fadil : Would you like some helps? 8. Andra : Are you sure? Thank you. after
moving the bicycle, could you help me hold my
bag? a. 5-4-3-2-8-7-6-1 b. 4-6-7-3-1-8-5-2 c. 7-4-3-2-1-8-5-6
This text is for number 29 to 30 29. How long does the show in a day? a. five hours b. eight hours c. seven hours d. six hours
30. The following are featured in the show,
a. walrus show b. photo session with the dolphin
c. magic show d. lucky draw
1. Arrange the jumbled words into good sentences (10 points)
a. want – to – share – food – Anansi – his – didn’t
b. letter – her – Risti – a – village – writes – to – in – the – letter – often – parents c. you – on – do – your – did – holiday – what - ?
d. found – they – some – in – gold – river – the
e. I – at – stay – today – home –didn’t 2. Complete the list of the verbs (10 points)
3. Make an e-mail to your friend telling about your last holiday! (30 points
No Verb I Verb II Meaning (arti) 1 go
2 sleep 3 drink
Dolphin Attraction Show
Ticket : Rp. 25.000 (adult) Rp. 10.000 (child)
Opening hours : 10.00 a.m. – 06.00 p.m. Monday – Sunday
Features : - Walrus Show - Magic Show - Swimming with dolphin