Soal UKK (PAT) SMP/MTs Semester 2/Genap Tahun Pelajaran 2017/2018
Mata Pelajaran : BAHASA INGGRIS
Sat. Pendidikan : SMP/MTs………. Kelas : VIII (Delapan)
1. Tulis nomor dan nama Anda pada lembar jawaban yang disediakan 2. Periksa dan bacalah soal dengan teliti sebelum Anda bekerja 3. Kerjakanlah soal anda pada lembar jawaban
4. Gunakan waktu dengan efektif dan efisien
5. Periksalah pekerjaan anda sebelum diserahkan kepada Pengawas
Answer The questions below by choosing the right answer between a, b, c, or, d Read the text and answer questions 1 to 5
Animals are widely used in laboratories. Mice, rabbits, dogs, and monkeys are a few examples of animals used by researchers and scientists for scientific and medical purposes.
Scientists use the animals to investigate biological processes in humans and animals, to study the causes of diseases, to test drugs, vaccines, and surgical techniques, and to evaluate the safety of chemical used in pesticides, cosmetics, and other products. Many chemical functions like human so that they can be good models to understand the human body. Some animals suffer from the same diseases as humans do. Animals also carry a number of genes that are identical to human genes. With those similarities, scientists are able to learn much about the human body by studying the animals.
1. What do researchers and scientists do in laboratories? a. Make drugs
b. Do experiment c. Take care of animals d. Give medical treatment
2. Scientists learn about the human body by studying ________. a. Certain animals
b. Human body itself c. All kinds of animals d. All living things
a. Animals b. Functions c. Humans d. Genes
4. Based on the text, why do the scientists use animals for their experiments? a. Animals are the most suitable objects
b. It is easier to use animals than humans c. Scientists do not want to use humans d. Animals have similarities to humans
5. “They are used for scientific and medical purposes.” (Paragraph 1) The word ‘they’ inthe sentence refers to ………...
a. Researchers b. Laboratories c. Scientists d. Animals
Read the text and answer questions 6 to 8
Hi! My name is Dian Wahyu Dinata. I’m the winner of an English Poetry Reading
Competition in Sempu. I live in Maron. I was very happy to meet Sue and Ayu on early February 2018. I’m very comfortable speaking English with you. I have one question for Kang Guru when I can invite KG to our school in SMP Genteng.
Dian Wahyu Dinata Sempu, Banyuwangi EAST JAVA
6. Who is the winner of an English Poetry Reading Competition in Sempu? a. Sue and Ayu
b. Dian Wahyu Dinata c. Dian’s friends d. Dian’s teacher
7. When did Dian met Sue and Ayu?
a. Before an English Poetry Reading Competition. b. On early February 2018
c. When Dian invited Kang Guru d. When Sue and Ayu came
8. Which statement is TRUE based on the letter above? a. Sue and Ayu have one question for Kang Guru b. Sue and Ayu live in Maron
d. The writer of the letter is Dian Wahyu Dinata
9. Rika : Can you help me to get some food? Santi : Yes, of course.
The italicised words is an expression of . a. request
b. agreement c. permission d. invitation
10. Rani : What's your opinions of the disasters, that keep happening in our country? Anti : ...
a. the rooms look very comfortable b. well I must say that I feel so sad c. the cat is very cute
d. I think I have a headache
11. Lia is 15 years old. Ami is 16 years old. It means Lia is...than Ami. a. taller
b. older c. shorter d. younger
12. There is...big garden in my city. a. an
b. the c. a d. and
13. ... is your school? a. What
b. Where c. When d. When
14. ... does the test begin? a. What
b. Who c. When d. Whom
Questions 15 to 20 are based on Text 3.
Do You Know This Girl?
was sitting there. She had some money in her hand. When she saw us, she got up and walked away.
I said to my sister. “Did you have any money in you're jacket?” She said, “Yes, Anna, I did.”
I said, “Look in your jacket quickly.”
Cathy looked in her jacket, but her money was not there.
“That girl stole it!” I said, and we all ran after her. We caught her quickly.
My sister was very angry and she said, ”Give me the money!” The girl gave the money to Cathy and ran away. We all ran after her, but we lost her.
Then we went home. But before we could tell our parents, my mother said to Cathy, “You left your money at home. It's on the table in the sitting room. You must be more careful with money.”
So the girl in the red T-shirt was not a thief! She probably thought we were thieves! We felt terrible.
Please telephone us if you know this girl. We are very sorry for our mistake. We would like to say sorry to her and give her money back to her. Our number is 512667. My name is Anna
15. Cathy's jacket was ………. a. at home
b. on the bench c. full of money d. at school
16. Cathy thought the money was………. a. from her jacket
b. at home c. on the bench d. at school
17. The girl gave the money to Cathy because ………… a. she was afraid
b. Cathy asked her nicely c. it was Cathy's money d. Cathy wants the money
18. Cathy's………..was really at home. a. jacket
b. money c. sister d. brother
19. When Cathy's mother spoke, they knew that ... a. they had the girl's money
20. Anna and Cathy...the girl. a. want to find
c. have telephoned d. like
21. They want to...to the girl. a. give their money b. say thank you c. return the money d. use the money
The text below is for questions 22 - 24
I had a terrible day yesterday. First, I woke up an hour late because my alarm clock didn't go off. Then, I (22)... in such a hurry that I burned my hand when I was making breakfast. After breakfast, I got dressed so (23) ... that I forgot to wear socks.
Next, I ran out of the house trying to get the 9:30 bus, but of course I missed it. I wanted to take a taxi, but I didn't have enough money.
Finally, I (24) ... the three miles to my school only to discover that it was Sunday! I hope I never have a day as the one I had yesterday.
22. a. am b. is c. were d. was
23. a. finally b. slowly c. lately d. quickly
24. a. walked b. run c. running d. walking
25. Our family – on last Sunday – Bojong sari Water Boom – with – We – Went to 1 2 3 4 5 6 The correct arrangement of the jumble text is ....
a. 5 – 6 – 3 – 4 – 1 – 2 b. 2 – 3 – 6 – 4 – 1 – 2 c. 1 – 6 – 3– 4 – 5 – 2 d. 1 – 6 – 3 – 4 – 5 – 2
1. Jack had an accident a few days ago. 2. Jill went to the hospital too visit him. 3. He is still in the hospital now.
4. She is at the hospital now. 5. He had to go to hospital.
a. 1-4-3-5-2 b. 1-3-5-4-2 c. 1-2-3-4-5 d. 1-5-3-2-4
27. in – seven – Snow White – woods – dwarfs – met – the 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 The correct jumble words above is....
a. 3-6-2-4-1-7-5 b. 3-6-7-2-4-1-5 c. 3-6-2-5-1-7-4 d. 3-6-7-5-2-1-4
28. Arrange the following words to be a meaningful paragraph
1) For several days they had through the ocean with a wonderful night and days. 2) It started the voyage from Southampton England to New York USA.
3) In April 1912, about 2500 passagers and crews had a great voyage with a very great ship called Titanic “ The Unsinkable Ship”.
4) After that, the coque crashed the iceberg and the water started filled the ship.
5) Finally the unsinkable ship Titanic sank down before reaching to New York on April 15th, 1912 at 2:20 in the morning and only 700 people survived.
6) It was the greatest and the most terrible marine disaster ever.
7) Then, the unseen iceberg was suddenly appeared , Titanic could not help avoided colliding it on April 14th, 1912.
a. 3-6-2-7-4-1-5 b. 3-2-4-1-7-6-5 c. 3-2-1-4-7-5-6 d. 3-2-1-7-4-5-6
Read the text and answer questions 29 to 30 An Airplane can fly 150 km/hour
A Bus can run 120km/hour. A Bicycle can run 40 km/ hour.
29. An Airplane is the ... a. fastest
b. faster c. fast d. slow
a. fast b. Faster c. Slow d. slower