THE EFFECTIVENESS OF USING PRE-QUESTIONING ON THE READING COMPREHENSION ACHIEVEMENT FOR THE SEVENTH GRADE STUDENTS OF MTS NEGERI PLUPUH SRAGEN
IN 2011/2012 ACADEMIC YEAR
Submitted as a Partial Fulfillment of the Requirements for Getting the Bachelor Degree of Education
in English Department
MUHAMMAD FAKHRIAL AULIA A 320 030 174
SCHOOL OF TEACHER TRAINING AND EDUCATION
MUHAMMADIYAH UNIVERSITY OF SURAKARTA
If you help ALLOH religion, He will help you and affirm your state (QS. Muhammad: 7)
This research paper is dedicated to: 1. My beloved father and mother,
2. My little brothers: Muhammad Fakhrul Mubarok and Muhammad Fakhri Rosyada, and,
3. My dear: Denny Ratna Handayani.
The greatest praise and thank to Allah, the most merciful and the kindest
by His blessing, the writer can conduct this research paper entitled “The
Effectiveness of Using Pre-questioning on the Reading Comprehension Achievement for The Seventh Grade Students of MTs Negeri Plupuh Sragen in 2011/2012 Academic Year”. Moreover, the writer wants to express his gratitude and appreciation to some people who have given contribution related to this research paper:
1. Drs. H. Sofyan Anif, M. Si, Dean of the School of Teacher Training and Education of Muhammadiyah University of Surakarta,
2. Titis Setyabudi, S. S., M. Hum., Chief of English Department who has permitted him to conduct this research paper,
3. Dr. Anam Sutopo, M. Hum., the first consultant who has given a valuable guidance and suggestion during the completion of this research paper, 4. Drs. Sigit Haryanto, M. Hum., the second consultant for being a good
consultant and giving the writer suggestion in correcting this research paper,
5. Drs. Djoko Srijono, M. Hum., for being the third examiner,
7. All lecturers of English Department, for precious knowledge given to the writer,
8. The librarian of the central library of UMS and English department library, 9. The English teacher in MTs Negeri Plupuh Sragen, Mr. Minarso, S. Pd.,
for the chance to do a research in his class,
10.My beloved father, Mochamad Ridwan, Ama. Pd., who always gives me spirit and motivation,
11.My beloved mother, Isnaeni, S. Pd., the unbeatable warrior for prays and support, for everlasting care and never-ending love.
12.My beloved little brothers, Muhammad Fakhrul Mubarok and Muhammad Fakhri Rosyada.
13.My dear, Denny Ratna Handayani, for her everlasting care and time, 14.The big family of IMM, the really place to study,
15.The big family of Rumah Merah Community, we are champion guys!
Surakarta, August 2012
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT ... vii
3. Reading Skill ... 9
4. Reading Comprehension Achievement ... 10
5. Principles of Teaching Reading ... 10
6. Notion of Pre-questioning ... 12
CHAPTER IV: RESEARCH FINDING AND DISCUSSION ... 19
A. Research Finding ... 19
1. The Implementation of Pre-questioning ... 19
2. The Effectiveness of Pre-questioning ... 29
Muhammad Fakhrial Aulia. A 320030174. THE EFFECTIVENESS OF USING PRE-QUESTIONING ON THE READING COMPREHENSION ACHIEVEMENT FOR THE SEVENTH GRADE STUDENTS OF MTS
NEGERI PLUPUH SRAGEN IN 2011/2012 ACADEMIC YEAR.
Muhammadiyah University of Surakarta. Research Paper. 2012.
This research aims to describe the effectiveness of using pre-questioning on the reading comprehension achievement for the seventh grade students of of MTs Negeri Plupuh Sragen in 2011/2012 academic year. This research is a qualitative research. This writer uses descriptive method to present the data. The data of this research are lesson plan, interview scripts, and test results. The data sources are event, informants, and documents.
The results of this research show that, firstly, the implementation of pre-questioning on the reading comprehension achievement is helpful for the students. The students who use pre-questioning on reading achievement are better than students who do not use the pre-questioning on reading achievement. Secondly, the effectiveness in using pre-questioning on reading comprehension achievement is effective. The third, problems faced by the students in using pre-questioning on the reading comprehension achievement are: the students are lack in mastery vocabulary, the students can make wrong understanding in translating the sentence of the reading comprehension, students are hard to read the meaning of reading comprehension content and the students only read the questions first.