Questions 16 to 20 : choose the inappropriate structure in the following sentences or dialogs below.
16. Rilo : Why do you want to sell your car ?
A Ben : I’d like to have the most reliable car. The one that I’ve got keep breaking down.
B C D
17. Kate : have you fixed the vending machine ?
Nico : Yes sir. The machine whose broke down is working again now.
18. Ricky : Can you describe Sonny, your new friend from Lombok? A
Lola : Sure, He is bald. He is oval face and also slanted eyes.
B C D
19. Lola : You didn’t tell me that you visited Bunaken last month ?
Berta : If I had have your addres, I would have sent you a postcard.
20. Merry : How was the Job interview? A
Rian : I had never expected to get a job. I was really amazing when I was offered to it.
B C D
Questions 21 to 23 refer to the following letter.
Component Outsource Ltd. 350 Orchad Road Singapore 238865 Desember 3 2013
Mr. Mark Wu Dalway Computers Jl. Barito II No. 48 Kebayoran Baru
Jakarta 11001, Indonesia
Ref : Purchase order 1123 of November 22
Dear Mr. Wu
We received your fax on November 24 and purchase order 1123. We are pleased to supply the component your requested on the dates specified with the exception noted below.
As we discussed over the phone call this morning the chip set index 440SX is not in stock. We will be back to order this item and will ship it on February 5.
If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to call. Your business is very important to us and we look forward to serving you in th future.
John Wilson Product Manager
21. What is the purpose of this letter ? A. To confirm an order
B. To order computer parts C. To clarify the next shipment D. To ask for further assistance
22. “We are pleased to supply the components you requested….” The synonym of the underlined word is……
A. Take out B. Make up C. Give up D. Call for
23. When will they ship the order? A. On February
B. On March C. On November D. On December
Questions 24 to 26 refer to the following company profile.
24. What does the company produce? A. Textile
B. Metal C. Plastic D. Rubber
25. “PT Argo Pantes Tbk is engaged in integrated….” (Paragraph 1) The antonym of the underlined word is……..
A. Disturd B. Distinguish C. Disorder D. Disconnect
26. “Since its incorporation….. “ (paragraph 2) The underlined word refers to …..
A. Wisma Argo B. PT Argo Pantes C. Desa Gandamekar D. Factory address
PT. Argo Pantes Tbk is engaged in integrated textile industry one of the leading textile company that produce various textiles products. The company produces high quality textile from cotton and polyester or cotton blending.
The company is headquartered in Jakarta, Indonesia. It is located in Wisma Argo Manunggal 2nd Floor Jl. Jenderal Gatot Subroto Kav. 22, Jakarta 12930. Its factory addresses are at Jl. MH. Thamrin KM, 4 Cikokol, Tangerang 15117 Banten Indonesia and Industrial Town Estate, Desa Gandamekar, Cibitung, Bekasi, Jawa Barat, Indonesia. Since its incorporation in 1977, the company has operated a fully integrated mill comprising of Spinning, Weaving, Dyeing Finishing and Yarn Dyeing unit.
The company was incorporated in the framework of the Law of domestic investment, based on notarial deed No. 30 dated July 12, 1997 notary in Jakarta at that time. In 1991, the company then decided to become a public company by a public offering its listed shares on Jakarta Stock Exchange (JSE) and PT Bursa Efek Surabaya (SSE).
Questions 27 and 28 refer to the following information.
27. What is the reading text about? A. Understanding the client’s need. B. How to market the client’s product. C. Job description of a graphic designer. D. The importance of internet to a client.
28. “Their designs are required for a huge variety” (Paragraph 1) The synonym of the underlines word is……
A. Large B. Little C. Small D. Tender
Questions 29 to 31 refer to the following information. 29. What is being informed?
A. How to be more confidence B. How to improve your singing skill C. How to gain confidence
D. How to singing on stage
30. What type of information is this?
A. A massage B. A procedure C. A report D. A warning
31. What is the step that makes the vowels sound more clearly?
A. Drink warm water B. Mature your voice C. Practice tongue twisters D. Drink more water regularly
Questions 32 to 41 : choose the appropriate option to complete the dialog. 32. Father : Is it OK to let the children olay in this house now?
Mother : Yes, but don’t let them play in living room. They … break something. A. Must
B. Can C. Have to
A Graphic designer
A graphic designer is responsible for creating design solutions that have a high visual impact. The role involves listening to clients and understanding their needs before making design decisions. Their designs are required for a huge variety of product and activities such as website, advertising, books, magazines, posters, computer games, product packaging, exhibitions and displays, corporate communications and corporate identity,e.g. giving organizations a visual ‘brand’
A graphic designer works to a brief agreed with the client, creative director or account manager. They develop creative ideas and concepts, choose the appropriate media and style to meet the client’s ovjectives.
The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time, cost and deadlines.
33. Sean : …. We’ll go to the same direction. Romi : Sure, Of course. Let’s go together. A. Can you give e a lift ?
B. Shall you go by yourself? C. Would you like to leave? D. Can you leave with me?
34. Mila : Oops! I spilled coffee on my shirt. Yanti : …. Before the stain sets.
A. You’d better run it under hot water. B. You should know better than that. C. If I were you, I would change mine soon. D. You may wear my new shirt if you like.
35. Herry : Your brother is an interpreter, isn’t he?
Weni : Yes. …. In addition, he can speak German, French, and Russian. A. He makes the transcript of the conversation.
B. He translates from one language into another. C. He is good at entrepreneurship knowledge. D. He always travels around the world.
36. Receptionist : Rinan Batik, can I help you ?
Customer : … a gown, the code id 564. Is it available ? Receptionist : What color will it be? Yes, it is available, ma’am. A. I would like to reserve
B. I would like to order C. I would like to book D. I would like to know
37. Rina : How about doing school visit to vocational school in Singapore ? Jeri : … In addition, we could exchange information with the teacher there. A. You may be right
B. It can be right C. They will love it D. That’s a good idea
38. Oki : I don’t think I’m going to pass my driving test next week. Rio : … If you don’t?
Oki : I won’t be able to get job I want. They said I must be able to drive. A. What would happen
B. What would have happen C. What will happen
D. What happen
39. Employee 1 : I’m tired of sitting here all day.
Employee 2 : I feel the same way. Let’s go for a walk … ? A. Are we
B. Can we C. Do we D. Shall we
40. Puan : Are you going to the party ? Dian : No, ….
41. Gita : I heard your car broke down again yesterday? Mia : Yes, it’s the second time that … this week. A. Has happened
B. Happened C. Will happened D. Have happened
Question 42 to 44 : complete the following letter with the words provided.
42. A. Corporate B. Lousy C. Spacious D. Relax
43. A. to B. over C. for D. at
44. A. clarify B. notify C. testify D. satisfy
Questons 45 to 47 : complete the following announcement with the words provided.
45. A. Original B. Professional C. International
The following sales people are responsible for these territories:
Po Sau Tam – New York and New Jersey Bob Young – Delaware and Pennsylvania Art Harman – Maryland and Virginia Bill Hoechst – North and South Carolina
Your precious territories are to be turned over to your sales assistants and the sales books for those territories are to be given to Mr. Plyni, our accountant. Sales meetings will be held every Monday at the … (42) … office instead of every Tuesday. New cars are being ordered … (43) … the fleet. You have a choice of either a Ford Escord or a Toyota Corolla. Please … (44) … the office manager, John Waletti, or the receptionist, by Monday, October 2.
Source : Oxford Practice test 1 for the TOEIC test
Have you always wanted to know the secret of … (45)… quality black-and-white nature photography? In our first class, it will be held on Thursday evening. We will discuss exposure, composition, lightning, and equipment. Saturday participants involve in all-day outdoor shooting session. Sunday participants practice simple darkroom techniques and develop the photos shot … (46) … Saturday. Instructor … (47) … darkroom equipment and supplies. The workshop and Monday evening with a review and critique of photograph taken. Bring camera, four roll of black-and-white film and enthusiasm.
Location : Middleton Recreation Center Dates : Oct, 12, 14, 15
46. A. On B. From C. In D. At
47. A. Requires B. Modifies C. Provides D. Brings
Questions 48 to 50: complete following advertisement with the words provided.
48. A. replace B. misreplaced C. included D. excludes
49. A. On B. By C. Over D. Within
50. A. Dependable B. Reliable C. Avoidable D. Achieveable
1986 CELEBRITY EUROSPORT
Low mileage and one careful previous owner. Don’t miss this one! Classic F-platform. Has original doors and Delco stereo! New exhaust, shocks, tires and brakes.
All … (48) … within 6 month. Needs a paint touch-up and some minor repair work … (49) … fenders, rear bumper and engine. Seat covers and zingy window shade included
… (50) … transportation for a student, or a second car. $400 or best offer. Cash only please CONTACT:
(Weekdays) BEFORE. 5 p.m