MECT 3341- 12969
Lecture Assignment 4
1. How do you specify the size of a fillet?
With the Distance option, you access the FILLET command and then use the Radius option to specify the fillet radius. The radius determines the size of a fillet and must be set before you select objects.
2. Explain how to set the radius of a fillet to 0.50.
Access FILLET and then use the Radius option to specify the fillet radius to 0.50.
4. Which option of the CHAMFER command would you use to specify a .125˚ *.125˚ chamfer?
Select CHAMFER Angle option and then use the distance option to specify the chamfer distance of .125˚ *.125˚. Once the distance is choose hoover over the object and pick the box over the second object.
7. How can you split an object in two without removing a portion?
Using the command BREAK can remove a portion of an object or split an object at a single point depending on the points and option you select
8. In what direction should you pick points to break a portion out of circle or arc?
Always choose it COUNTER-CLOCKWISE
9. What command can you use to combine two collinear lines into a single line object?
11. Name the command that trims an object to a cutting edge?
The command that trims an object to a cutting edge is the TRIM command. Which lets you select as many cutting edges as the user wishes.
12. Which command performs the opposite function of the EXTEND command?
The TRIM command
13. Name the command associated with boundary edges?
16. Define the term displacement as it relates to the STRETCH command.
The displacement option allows the user to stretch objects relative to the origin of the users coordinate system.
18. Write the command aliases for the following commands:
A. CHAMFER-CHA B. FILLET-F C. BREAK-BR D. TRIM-TR E. EXTEND-EX
19. What command would you use to reduce the size of an entire drawing by one-half?
The command I would use to reduce the size of an entire drawing by one-half would be to use the LENGTH command.
20. Which command removes all width characteristics and tangency information from polyline?
The EXPLODE command.
1. How would you rotate an object 45˚ clockwise?
Select the ROTATE command then select the objects you wish to rotate. Then specify the base point or axis of rotation when the next prompt asks. Next enter the value of -45˚to rotate an object
3. How many points must you select to align an object in a 2D drawing?
Two source and destination points are adequate for aligning a 2D object.
5. Explain the difference between the MOVE and COPY command
The COPY command is similar to the MOVE command, except that when you pick the second point, the original objects remain in place and a copy appears.
6. Which command allows you to draw a reflected image of an existing object?
9. What does AutoCAD use as the default base point for a rectangular array?
The center point.
10. Suppose an object is 1.5”(38nm) wide and you want to create a rectangular array with . 75”(19nm) spacing between objects. What should you specify for the distance between columns?
The specific distance should be 2.25 between the columns.
13. What value should you specify for the angle to fill to create a complete circular array?