Soal UTS Bahasa Inggris SMP Semester Genap Tahun Ajaran
2017/2018 Kelas VII
Mata Pelajaran : BAHASA INGGRIS Sat. Pendidikan : SMP__________________ Kelas : VII (Tujuh)
Nama Guru :______________________
1. Tulis nomor dan nama Anda pada lembar jawaban yang disediakan 2. Periksa dan bacalah soal dengan teliti sebelum Anda bekerja 3. Kerjakanlah soal anda pada lembar jawaban
4. Gunakan waktu dengan efektif dan efisien
5. Periksalah pekerjaan anda sebelum diserahkan kepada Pengawas
Choose the correct answer between a, b, c, or d!
This text below is for the questions 1 - 3
My Favorite Animal
My favorite animal is rabbit. Rabbit has two long ears. Its eyes are big and black, but when it is dark its eyes are red. It has two long teeth. Its nose is small and soft pink.
Its tail is soft, round and small like a cotton ball. Its legs are small. It doesn’t walk, it jumps. It is vegetarian and its favorite food are carrots. Rabbits are very cute.
1. How many ears does the rabbit have? a. Two ears
b. Four ears c. Three ears d. Five ears
2. Does it has short teeth? a. Yes, it does
b. Yes, it doesn’t c. No, it does d. No, it doesn’t
3. What is the title of the text? a. Rabbits are very cute b. My Favorite Animal c. My Animal
4. This animal lives in the sea and has 8 tentacles. What animal is it? a. Octopus
b. Elephant c. Zebra d. Tiger
5. Lisna : Give me the chilli sauce, please. Zul : ……….
a. Here you are b. Never mind c. No, thanks d. It is so nice
The text below is for questions number 6 – 10
I am Putri. I live in Sukabumi. My house is at no.25 Jl.Pemuda North Sukabumi. It’s not a big house. It’s medium. It’s painted grey. It has two floors. I like it anyway. It has a small garden and a palm and a mango tree in front of the house. It looks green and nice.
My house has four bedroom, two living rooms, a dining room, a kitchen and two bathrooms. My bedroom is in the front part of the house, next to the living room. My parents’ room is in the middle part of the house next to the dining room. The kitchen and the bathroom are at the back part of the house. I love my house very much.
6. Where does Putri live? a. Jakarta
b. Bandung c. Surabaya d. Sukabumi
7. How many floors that Putri had in her house? a. One
b. Two c. Three d. Four
8. Does Putri’s house has a garden? a. Yes it doesn’t
b. No, it doesn’t c. Yes, it does d. No, it does
c. Next to the living room d. Next to the kitchen
10. Where can we find the kitchen and the bathroom? a. At the back of living room
b. At the back part of the house c. In the middle part of the house d. Next to the living room
11. Ani : ……….? Ida : I think it’s great!
a. Have you read this book?
b. What do you think about this book? c. What is it?
d. Do you know this?
12. Kate : we’ll have a long holiday next month. What are you going to do in this holiday? Yani : ………..
Kate : I hope you have a nice trip. Complete the dialogue above. a. I’m thinking of going to Bali b. Sorry, I can’t tell you
c. It’s not your business d. I don’t know what to do
13. Bowo : I feel tired and I feel dizzy.
Sri : I think……… and don’t leave the bed if it is not necessary. a. You must sing
b. You should lie down and have some rest c. I will take you to the hospital
d. I must take some rest too
14. Cathrine : Do you like watching movies? Nadine : ………..
Cathrine : What is your favorite movie?
Nadine : My favorite movie is Ayat – Ayat Cinta The suitable expression to complete the dialogue is? a. I love watching movies
b. I dislike watching movie c. I hate watching movie d. It’s not my favorite one
15. Alex : How do you feel about this omelet? Bram : It is very tasty. I like this food. Alex : I agree with you.
a. Alex dislike the omelet b. Bram doesn’t like omelet
c. Bram loves omelet, while Alex hate it d. Bram and Alex likeS omelet
16. Alice : Hi Adam! Do you know where my mother is? Adam : She’s ………. The theatre
a. Under b. At c. In d. On
17. Joko : I had five pounds …….. my pocket
Riana : Poor you. Then, should I treat you for this time? a. In
b. At c. On d. Below
18. Dilan : Where did you go? I couldn’t find you.
Milea : I’m sorry, I went home to put our pictures ….. the wall a. Above
b. On c. In d. At
19. Sinta : Do you need any help mom?
Mother : Yes, please. I can’t find my glasses. The underlined words express?
a. Preference b. Apology c. Offering help d. Asking opinion
20. Marta : It’s very hot here. ………? Lina : Sure, No problem.
a. Could you close the door?
b. Would you mind if I turn on the fan? c. May I leave now?
d. Would you turn off the fan?
21. Rina : Finally, It’s break time. ………….. a cup of tea? Rama : That’s very nice of you.
d. May you help me get
22. She ……….. her cat everyday a. To feed
b. Feed c. Feeds d. Feeding
23. I ……….. always ……….. to the dentist a. Do not, go
b. Does not, go c. Do not, went d. Does not, went
24. Gina : Do you like to sing? Ulfah : ……… a. Yes, I likes to sing b. Yes, I like to sing c. Yes, I am liking to sing d. Yes I liked to sing
25. Mom : Do you enjoy playing in the park? Me : ………
a. No, I does not enjoy playing in the park b. No, I no enjoy playing in the park c. No, I don’t enjoy playing in the park d. No, I don’t enjoys playing in the park
26. Jane : Roxy, what do you think of the cake I made for you? Roxy : It’s really delicious! I love it!
Jane : Thank you.
From the dialogue above, Jane is ……. a. Asking for an opinion
b. Asking for help
c. Requesting an attention d. Giving an item
For question number 27 – 30, choose the correct word to complete the text below.
We get almost all of our vitamins and minerals from the food we ……. (27). One of the reason why junk food is bad for you is that it fills you up ……….. (28), doesn’t contain a lot of vitamins and minerals.
27. a. Buy b. Eat c. Drink d. Cook
28. a. Or b. And c. But d. So
29. a. Hair b. Bones c. Feet d. Legs
30. a. At b. Outside c. Among d. Around
Translate the sentence below into English (Simple present tense) 1. Aku tidak suka musik barat
2. Gina pergi ke sekolah dengan berjalan kaki setiap hari ...
3. Jangan berbohong padaku, aku tidak suka itu. ... 4. Seekor kucing mempunyai empat kaki
... 5. Ibuku suka memasak setiap hari
Read the text below to answer question number 6 – 10
The Jackson Family
Mr. Jackson is an American teacher, but he lives and works in Denpasar. He teaches English at SMP 8. He is a very good teacher. His students like him.
His wife is an Indonesian. She comes from Medan. They have one son and one daughter. Both of them are primary school student’s
Mr. Jackson’s house is made of wood. It has five rooms; a kitchen, a bathroom, a living room, and two bedrooms. The Jacksons have a housemaid to help Mrs. Jackson to do the house work. Their maid comes from Bantul.
8. She comes from medan (line 3)
The underlined word refers to Mr. Jackson’s ……… 9. Mr. Jackson’s house has five rooms, those are……… 10. Mr. Jackson has a housemaid, she is from ………...
KEY ANSWER (KUNCI JAWABAN)
1. A. TWO EARS 2. D. NO IT DOESN'T
3. B. MY FAVORITE ANIMAL 4. A. OCTOPUS
5. A. HERE YOU ARE 6. D. SUKABUMI 7. B. TWO
8. C. YES IT DOES
9. B. IN FRONT OF HER PARENTS ROOM 10. B. AT THE BACK PART OF THE HOUSE
11. B. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS BOOK? 12. A. I'M THINKING OF GOING TO BALI
13. B. YOU SHOULD LIE DOWN AND HAVE SOME REST 14. A. I LOVE WATCHING MOVIES
15. D. BRAM AND ALEX LIKES OMELETE 16. B. AT
17. A. IN 18. B. ON
19. C. OFFERING HELP
20. B. WOULD YOU MIND IF I TURN ON THE FAN 21. C. WOULD YOU LIKE
22. C. FEEDS 23. A. DO NOT, GO
24. B. YES, I LIKE TO SING
25. C. NO, I DON'T ENJOY PLAYING IN THE PARK 26. A, ASKING FOR AN OPINION
27. B. EAT 28. C. BUT 29. B. BONES 30. C. AMONG
1. I DON'T LIKE WESTERN MUSIC 2. GINA GOES TO SCHOOL BY FOOT 3. DON'T LIE TO ME, I DON'T LIKE IT 4. A CAT HAS FOUR LEGS
5. MY MOTHER LOVES TO COOK EVERYDAY
7. THE JACKSONS STAY IN DENPASAR 8. WIFE