UTS GANJIL KELAS IX BAHASA INGGRIS
1. Arrange these sentences based on the pictures above to make cooking instructions. (1) Put noodles into 2 glasses of briskly boiling water.
(2) Your delicious noodles are ready to be served.
(3) Put the seasoning, vegetables oil and chilli powder in a bowl. (4) Mix the noodles well with all of the seasoning.
(5) Cook the noodles and simmer for 3 minutes. a. (4) – (3) – (5) – (1) – (2)
b. (2) – (1) – (5) – (3) – (4) c. (1) – (5) – (3) – (4) – (2) d. (3) – (5) – (1) – (4) – (2)
2. What is the first thing to do when cooking rice using a magic com? a. Adjusting the quantity of water,
b. Washing the rice, in the inner pot.
c. Plugging the cable into the electricity socket, d. Weighing the rice using the measure cup.
3. The maximum amount of rice that can be cooked with the magic com is ... measure cups. a. Two
b. Three c. four d. five
4. “Put it in the inner pot, and adjust the quantity of water." The underlined word means the ... of water as suggested, a. Amount c. size
b. Number d. Weight
5. What does the writer write the text for? a. To inform how to serve a salad.
b. To explain how to make salad c. To tell how to make Tikka Kebab d. To discuss how to make cubes of lamb
6. How many ingredients are needed to make Tikka Kebab? a. Three
b. Four c. Five d. Six
7. What does the word “them” in step 2 refer to? a. Cubes of lamb and onions
b. Onion, bamboo skewers and salad c. Squares of green pepper and onion
d. Cubes of Lamb, onion, and square of green pepper
8. The − man − is − hungry − three − noodles − of − bowls – ordering 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
The best arrangement of the words to be a good sentence is .... a. 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 9 – 5 – 8 – 7 – 6
b. 1 – 4 – 2 – 3 – 9 – 5 – 6 – 7 – 8 c. 1 – 4 – 2 – 3 – 9 – 5 – 7 – 8 – 6 d. 1 – 4 – 2 – 3 – 9 – 5 – 8 – 7 – 6 How to Operate Blender
• Make sure the switch is off.
• Place ingredients into the blender container. Add some water if needed. • Put the lid on.
• Place the container on the motor housing. • Plug in the cable.
• Select one of two speed buttons as required. Use PULSE switch for precision blending. When adding ingredients or seasonings, remove the small lid for adding things in the middle of the blender lid.
• After grinding, press the switch off. • Unplug the cable.
9. What does the manual tell you? a. How to grind
b. How to use blender
c. How to make use a refrigerator d. How to operate a mixer
10. What do we press when we want a very smooth result? a. Off switch.
b. On switch. c. one switch d. pulse switch
11. How many speed buttons are there? a. One.
b. Two. c. three d. Four
12. What is the purpose of the text? a. To describe something.
b. To instruct something. c. To narrate a story. d. To argue on something
13. Do you always have to add water? a. Of course.
b. No. c. yes d. Certainly
14. Use PULSE switch for precision blending. The word which is not the synonym of the underlined word, EXCEPT….
a. Fine b. Well c. chunks d. Excellent
15. What do we do when we want to add something in the blender? a. Open the lid.
b. Open the small closure on the lid. c. Plug in the cable.
d. Place the container on the motor housing. 16. When do we plug the cable in?
a. Before placing the container on the motor housing. b. Before putting the lid on.
c. After placing the container on the motor housing. d. After pressing the switch on.
17. The following are the synonyms of lid, EXCEPT…. a. Cover
b. Top c. close d. Cap
18. Hereka : What do you think of my new tie dye shirt? Retno : …Did you make it on your own?
Hereka : Yes, I did. a. I doubt it.
b. Can you show me how to make tie dye shirt? c. Certainly!
d. Wow, it’s great!
19. Ratu : Let’s ask everyone in our class to help clean the beach. Ketut : …that they are willing to. Not everyone cares for our nature. Ratu : Yeah, but it’s worth trying.
a. Mmm.. b. Certainly c. really d. I doubt
20. Bonar : Is it possible to make other people aware of the loss that they can cause? Putri : …I don’t think we can make everyone aware of their damaging action.
b. What was that again? c. I’m very certain about it. d. I’m not so sure about it.