LATIHAN ULANGAN SEMESTER I TAHUN AJARAN 2015/2016 MATA PELAJARAN BAHASA INGGRIS KELAS IX
1. Ria : Amazing. You run like a panther. I m sure you will win the race.
Sani : . Thanks.
A. I wish I couldn t be a winner
B. I don t think so C. CongratulationD. I hope so
2. Arni : Rian, I got a scholarship.
Mella : Congratulations, Siti. You deserve it. Your mom and dad must beproudof you. Arni : Yes, thanks. It will help my parents a lot.
Proud means .. because you got something good. A. feeling unwell and contentment
B. feeling happy and dissatisfaction C. feeling pleasure and satisfactionD. feeling joy and willing to give somebody
3. Dian : Shall we have a picnic to Nglanggeran this weekend? Reynata : I m sure we will have fun there.
A. Oh, I don t think so.
B. That s a good idea. C. What a tiring day!D. I m sorry I can t.
4. Vino : I think the best thing to do is to meet the team who manages the event. Arno : . We don t have time to do it. We have to finish it before Friday. A. I m with you
B. I disagree with you C. I think it will be niceD. I think it s the best solution
5. Andi : What if we walk to the hill for exercise next Sunday morning. . to be healthy . Dalena : Ok, but you pick me up at 7 a.m. ok!
A. You should see the beauty of the hill
B. We should have enough exercise C. We should conquer the hillD. You must come with me
6. 1) Ok, I hope they let you go. The party would not merry without you. 2) I m waiting.
3) Din, will you come to my birthday party this evening? I have a small party to celebrate it. 4) I hope so. I ll call you later.
5) That would be great! But I have to ask for permission first to my parent. The correct arrangement of the dialog above is .
A. 3 5 2 4 1
B. 3 4 1 5 2 C. 3 5 1 2 4D. 3 5 1 4 2
The dialog is for question number 7-10.
Ardan : Look! The trash is everywhere. The classroom is very messy. Tegar : We must pick up the trash and put them in the bin.
Ardan : That s a good idea. Then let s tidy up the desk and chair to make it better.
Tegar : Ok, and after that we have to warn our classmates not to throw the trash at class. 7. From the dialog above, we know that .
A. Ardan like the condition of the class
B. Ardan and Tegar throw the rubbish C. Ardan asks Tegar to pick up the trashD. Ardan and Tegar want to clean the class 8. We must pick up thetrash . The expression means that we .
A. have to let the trash
B. have to take the trash to make it clean C. must not throw the garbageD. don t have to pick up the rubbish 9. That s a good idea . From this statement, Ardan .. to Tegar idea.
B. agree C. hopeD. congratulate
10. . we have towarnour classmates . The underlined word has the similar meaning with . A. advise
11. Rearrange the jumbled words below to get a meaningful sentence. have to go the you condition better to make doctor to your
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 A. 4 1 2 7 10 5 6 9 3 8
B. 10 1 2 9 3 8 7 4 5 6 C. 4 1 2 9 3 8 7 10 5 6D. 8 1 2 9 3 4 7 10 5 6 The label is for questions 12 15.
12. The medicine is used to cure . A. minor aches
B. diabetics C. lemon taste D. headache
13. To know more information about the contraindication we should .
A. see the composition B. read the leaflet inside C. store in a cool place D. avoid direct sunlight
14. Thismedicationcan cause adverse effect . The underlined word means . A. poison
B. healing C. breaking D. meditation
15. Children with diabetic are not allowed to consume this medicine because . A. it may cause drowsiness B. it may cause impair alertness C. it can cause adverse effects D. it can relieve cough
16. The purpose of the text above is .
A. to give detail information about the product
B. to tell the reader about new product C. to describe the nutrition facts of the productD. to persuade the reader to buy the product
17. From the text we know that .
A. The product s name is Crunchy Sandwich
B. The product can be used at January 5, 2019 C. It contains two pieces each packageD. Bizkitz is sugar free.
18. . depending on your calorie needs . The underlined word has the similar meaning with . A. necessity
B. things C. foodsD. diets
19. do not litter The sentence means . A. We can t throw it in the dustbin
B. We must put the rubbish to the dustbin C. We can throw the trash in every placesD. We should not put the rubbish after eat
The label is for questions 20 23.
20. The function of the text above is . A. to describe about Tea Bag in general B. to tell detail information about Jasmine Tea C. to attract the reader to consume the product
D. to tell detail information about Tea Bag and original tea 21. From the text we know that the product .
A. is artificial tea
B. contains 52 tea bags C. can t be used after May 2020D. can be stored in heat or direct light
22. Store awayfrom heat, direct light, or moisture The underlined words can be replaced by .
B. place C. saveD. keep
23. Best before: May 2020. It means that we can use the product . A. at May 2020
B. after May 2020 C. during May 2020D. not more than May 2020
The text is for questions 24 27.
Dawet Ayu is a traditional drink from Banjarnegara, Central Java. It is a famous beverage in Indonesia. Let s see how to make it.
What you need:
• 1(one) pack hunkwe flour (Sago Palm flour),
• 450 gr sugar, • 550 ml water,
• Coconut milk.
• 100 ml water and pandan leaves,
How to make:
• First of all, Mixed Hunkwe flour, pandan leaves water, and salt, stir until hunkwe flour dissolves.
• Then, put it on the pan, stirring gently until thicken.
• Next, prepare boiling water in basin and mold cendol. Pour a dawetbatter little by little, press dawet batter slowly, until the batter out into the basin. Do it until the batter runs out.
• The next step is, boil sugar and add water until dissolves, remove from heat and strain. Set aside.
• After that, boil the coconut milk, salt and pandan leaves over low heat, stirring gently until boiling. Remove from heat and let them cool.
• Finally, pour brown sugar sauce in a cup, add dawet, coconut milk gravy, and ice. You can put some additional fruits like jackfruit or durian to make it tastier.
24. The text is written to .
A. give detail information about the ingredient to make Dawet Ayu B. tell the step to purchase Dawet Ayu
C. tell how to consume Dawet Ayu D. tell the way to make Dawet Ayu
25. Before prepare boiling water in basin and mold cendol, we should . A. stir gently until thicken
B. do it until the batter runs out. C. pour aD. boil sugar and add water until dissolvesdawetbatter little by little
26. To make Dawet Ayu, we need water about A. 1 pack
B. 100 ml C. 450 grD. 550 ml
27. stirring gently until boiling. Remove from heat and let them cool. The word gently has the same meaning with .
B. smoothly C. firmlyD. quickly
The text is for questions 28 31.
28. The manual above tells us about . A. How to make fire extinguisher B. the way to use fire extinguisher C. How to pull out the fire extinguisher D. how to use the user manual of how to
use the fire extinguisher
29. The last step to use fire extinguisher is . A. pull out the pin
B. aim at the fire C. squeeze the handle D. sweep the fire side by side
30. Before hold the handle we should A. pull out the pin
B. aim at the fire C. squeeze the handle D. sweep the fire side by side
31. squeeze and hold the handle . The word squeeze has the same meaning with . A. take
32. Rearrange the following jumbled words into a meaningful sentence. they sauté fragrant smell spices until the mashed
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The correct arrangement of the jumbled words above is . A. 2-5-7-6-1-4-3
B. 4-7-5-6-1-2-3 C. 2-7-5-6-1-4-3D. 7-2-3-4-6-1-5
33. Rearrange the following jumbled sentences into a correct order.
1. First, prepare all the ingredients; the chopped onions, basil, sugar, garlic salt, and oregano. 2. Then, add the diced tomato. Then add the herbs and spices. Mix in the chopped onions, basil,
sugar, garlic salt, and oregano.
3. After that, sauté the onions and garlic with a little olive oil in a very hot pan and add the beef. Burn until it is fully brown.
4. Spaghetti Sauce is ready to serve.
5. I will tell you how to make Homemade Spaghetti Sauce.
6. Next, blend and stir the mixture, then cover and let simmer for five or ten minutes. Stir occasionally.
The correct arrangement of the jumbled words above is . A. 1-2-3-5-6-4
B. 1-2-3-6-5-4 C. 5-1-2-3-4-6D. 5-1-3-2-6-4
Complete the following text to answer questions number 34 37.
One of the happiest moments in my life is having a family gathering in my grandma s house once a year during the school holidays. Everybody keeps talking and laughing. My aunts and uncles 34) ..happily in the living room when I woke up at one last night. At this moment, while they 35) ..the lunch, they 36) ..noisily in the big kitchen. And, I m sure they 37) ..until they go to bed late tonight.
34. A. talked
B. was reading C. am readingD. was read 39. Rearrange the following jumbled words into a meaningful sentence. now is Mr. Wisnu the book reading novel
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The correct arrangement of the jumbled words above is . A. 3-2-6-4-5-7-1
B. 3-2-6-4-7-5-1 C. 4-7-5-2-6-3-1D. 4-5-7-2-6-3-1
The text is for question number 40.
The thief broke in when everyone was sleeping very soundly. Unfortunately, he tripped over something and bumped his head on the big cupboard, so my mom and dad woke up. With my mom s help, he could catch him while he was trying to get up. When I woke up because of the noise, I was surprised. My faher was tying the thief to the chair, and my mother is calling the police. I m very proud my brave parents.
40. One of the sentences above is wrong in pattern or structure that is . A. The thief broke in when everyone was sleeping very soundly B. he could catch him while he was trying to get up.
Complete the following text to answer questions number 41 44.
For eight years, Riri 41) ..an orphan. She has lived in the orphanage (or, orphan home) for six years. She 42) .. there because she has no relative to take care of her. Her grandparents 43) ... Her only relative is an uncle from her mother s side. He is poor, and his house is very small. He has put her in the orphanage (or, orphan home) because he wants her to get better care and to go to a good school. We know that her uncle and his family love her because they have visited her routinely once a month (or, a lot of time). Riri is very caring. She is an active member of the charity group of the orphanage founded early last year. She has participated very actively in the group s activities. She and the other members of the group have made handicrafts and sold them. The charity group have done one thing for street children. On the orphanage s 15th birthday, they gave each child twenty thousand rupiahs. They also 44) ..one thing for poor families. Early this month they gave each family a gift containing sugar, cooking oil, and rice.
41. A. is 45. Rearrange the following jumbled words into a meaningful sentence. I have been teaching for ten years
teaching been ten have I for years 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The correct arrangement of the jumbled words above is . A. 5-4-1-6-3-7-2
B. 5-4-2-1-6-7-3 C. 5-4-1-2-6-3-7D. 5-4-2-1-6-3-7
The text is for question number 46.
I know that the sun usually shines brightly in Ambon. But when I went there for a short tour last December, the sun was not shining at all. It was cloudy everyday. It was raining again and again. 46. From the text, we know that .
A. The sun was shining went the writer went to Ambon B. When the writer went to Ambon, there was no rain
C. The writer went to Ambon when it was raining and cloudy D. There was no sun shining in Ambon
47. Donny is only 15 years old .. he can ride on a motorcycle. A. although
B. because C. andD. but
48. ..Angger is only 7 years old, she can play Piano beautifully. A. although
50. I have never bored to come to this place .. I have ever gone so many times. A. even