MUSYAWARAH KERJA KEPALA SEKOLAH ( M K K S )
SMP KABUPATEN PURWOREJO
Sekretariat : Jl. Jendral Sudirman 8 Purworejo 54114 Telepon / Fax (0275) 321405
TES UJI COBA UJIAN NASIONAL KE
SMP Se-KABUPATEN PURWOREJO
TAHUN PELAJARAN 2014 / 2015
HARI / TANGGAL
, 27 Februari 2015
W A K T U
09.00 ( 120 menit )
PETUNJUK UMUM :
1. Isikan Identitas Anda ke dalam Lembar Jawaban Latihan Ujian Nasional ( LJLUN ) yang tersedia dengan menggunakan pensil 2B, sesuai petunjuk di LJLUN.
2. Hitamkan bulatan di depan nama mata ujian pada LJLUN. 3. Tersedia waktu 120 menit untuk mengerjakan paket tes tersebut.
4. Jumlah soal sebanyak 50 butir, pada setiap butir soal terdapat 4 (empat) pilihan jawaban. 5. Periksa dan bacalah soal-soal sebelum Anda menjawabnya.
6. Laporkan kepada pengawas apabila terdapat lembar soal yang kurang jelas, rusak, atau tidak lengkap. 7. Mintalah kertas buram kepada pengawas bila diperlukan.
8. Tidak diijinkan menggunakan kalkulator, HP, tabel matematika atau alat Bantu hitung lainnya. 9. Periksalah pekerjaan Anda sebelum diserahkan kepada pengawas.
10. Lembar soal tidak boleh dicorat-coret.
Hitamkanlah bulatan pada huruf A, B, C, atau D yang anda anggap benar pada lembar jawaban.
The following text is for question 1.
1. What does the caution mean ? A. We can breath freely here.
B. Staying in that place is recommended.
C. People are prohibited to wear protective equipment
The following text is for questions 2 and 3
Congratulations. You are the runner up in swimming contest. You are a good swimmer. I am so proud of you. After hard work and long preparation you reach what you didn‟t last year. Keep on practicing and we will always support you to reach your dream of becoming a professional swimmer.
2. From the text we know that . . . .
A. Andre‟s achievement makes Elena unhappy . B. Andre can‟t reach what he has gotten last year.
C. Hard work and long preparation lead Andre to success . D. Elena praises Andre as the champion this year.
3. “Keep on practicing and we will always support . . . .” The underlined word has similar meaning to . . . .
A. continue C. colaborate
B. disconnect D. mingle
The following text is for questions 4 and 5.
My name is Bob Hanson. People call me Boby. I am a sixth grade student at Central Park Middle School. I am 15, but I am still growing. I have brown hair, brown eyes, and I like to wear jeans and sneakers to school. Do you have a school uniform? We don‟t, but everyday wear the same kind of clothes anyway. I have an older brother and a younger sister. My brother is 19 and goes to college. He wants to be a computer programme writer. He likes computer games and wants to make up own. Do you like computer games? My sister is only 8. She doesn‟t know what she wants to be when she grows up. My mother is a secretary for a grocery store and my father is a high school science teacher. What is your family like?
We all have jobs around the house. I have to help with the dishes, keep my room clean. Mom is teaching me how to do my own laundry. She says boys need to know how to take care of themselves when they grow up and live on their own.
I hope you write back. I would like a penpal from arrround the world. Please tell me about yourself and your country.
4. Why does Boby‟s mother teach him to do his own laundry?
A. To do all jobs arround the house. C. To learn the way to help with the dishes. D. Boby‟s brother is not keen on playing computer games.
The following text is for questions 6 and 7.
Fitala, Dad has just texted me. He asked us not to follow the singing rehearsal until the end. He wanted us to go to the Puri Hospital. Mom is in the hospital for medical treatment now. Do not panic my twin sister, Mom is okay. Well, I‟m waiting for you at the school gate right now.
6. Where is Talita waiting for Fitala?
A. At home. C. At the school gate.
B. In the hospital. D. At the hospital gate.
The following text is for questions 8 and 9.
American Breakfast at Mammoth Head Bar & Lounge One time Elephant Safari Ride for two persons One time set dinner for two persons
Airport/hotel transfer and return Exotic welcome drink
Tropical fruit basket in room daily
Elephant chauffeur service to dinner venue Elephant Bathing, Feeding, and Elephant Show
30% discount off massage and reflexology treatments at Safari Wellness Spa
This package is only applicable for KITAS/Indonesia Citizen and valid until 5 January 2015
8. How many times are the visitors given big meals service ?
A. Twice C. Four times
B. Three times D. More than three times
9. From the text we can conclude that the visitors can get discount at Safari Wellness Spa if . . .
A. they are forreign tourists. C. they visit the park before 5 January 2015. B. they have dinner at Safari Wellness Spa. D. they stay at garden View Room for two nights.
The following text is for questions 10 and 11.
10. When will the English club be held?
A. On Mondays. C. On Sundays only.
B. Every Weekend. D. At the first days in a week.
11. How can the students of seventh grade join the extracurricular activity?
A. They have to register to Miss.Yasmine. C. They should register to Mr. Sugeng. B. They just come to the club anytime. D. They only stay at home.
12. “The new comer is supposed to register to Mr. Sugeng.” The underlined word has the closest meaning to . . . .
A. enroll C. recognize
Read the text carefully to answer questions number 13 and 14
13. What performance can‟t the visitors enjoy during the party?
A. Singing. C. Dancing.
B. Drama. D. Reading poetry.
14. From the text we can conclude that . . .
A. the students have just been accepted in the 125 JHS Surabaya. B. Cheerleaders will make the event more attractive.
C. the party will be held for more than 3 hours. D. Girls Generation is the committee of party.
Read the text to answer questions number 15 and 16
Terminal 2A International Flight Schedule
15. Which flight comes to Jakarta the earliest of all the flight?
A. NW 317 C. GA 213
B. SA 635 D. QA 521
16. The word “embarkation” means . . .
A. action of going onto a plane. C. the place that someone is going to. B. activity of going off an aircraft. D. situation when aircraft are landing.
Read the text to answer questions number 17 to 19
Last week, the scouting members of As Syifa Islamic Junior High Boarding school went camping. They were about twenty boys. They went to Ciater camping site, about thirty minutes drive from their school. The scout boys looked very happy on the van along the way to the site.
Arriving at the site at 9 am they prepared everything. Rafi, the leader of the scout, set the tent. He was helped by five of his friends. The others cleaned the surrounding ground, some other prepared the food for breakfast and the rest arranged the activities for opening. Among the scout, there was Mr. Sudirman, the guiding teacher.
Rafi and his friends had some interesting activities during the camping. They had
outbonds, finding the track, marching, etc. They enjoyed their activities very much. In the afternoon they finished their activities and went back to the dormitory in As Syifa Boarding School.
17. How did the scouting members go to camping site?
19. The third paragraph tells us about . . .
A. cleaning the camping site. C. going back to the dormitory. B. the preparation for camping. D. the activities during the camping.
Read the text carefully to answer questions number 20 to 22
My Holiday was Fantastic
Last summer I got a fantastic holiday. I visited some great places. I went to an airport
and was going to fly to Cleveland. I was spending there two days. I liked to see some Cleveland Cavaliers basketball matches.
Then I went to Hollywood. Hollywood is a famous district in Los Angeles, California, United States. It had become world-famous as the center of the film industry. Four major film companies – Paramount, Warner Bros., RKO and Columbia – had studios in Hollywood. I did not want to leave but I had to.
After that, I went to New York city. I visited the Statue of Liberty. I went from the bottom of Manhattan to the top of the crown. That was very amazing.
The places made me feel at home but I have to go home. Next time I would return to them. This holiday made me delighted. I can‟t forget it.
20. How did the writer feel during her holiday?
A. delighted. C. disappointed
B. bored. D. regretful.
21. Where should the writer visit to enjoy the film?
A. Las Vegas. C. New York.
B. Hollywood. D. Manhattan.
22. What is the main idea of the third paragraph?
A. The writer went to the top of the crown of the Statue. B. The places made the writer feel at home.
C. The Statue of Liberty was very amazing. D. The writer went to New York city.
Read the text carefully to answer questions number 23 to 25.
Paris is the capital of a European nation, France. It is also on of the most beautiful and famous cities in the world.
Paris is called the City of Light. It is also an international fashion center. What stylish women are wearing in Paris will be worn by women all over the world. Paris is also
famous for its world center of education. In fact, it is the headquarter of UNESCO, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
The Seine River divides the city into two parts. Thirty-two bridges cross this scenic
river. The oldest and perhaps the most well-known in Pont Neuf was built in the sixteenth century. Sorbonne, a famous university, is located on the left bank (south side ) of the river. The beautiful white church Sacre Coeur lies on the top of a hill called Montmartre on the right bank (north side) of the Seine.
There are many other famous places in Paris, such as the famous museum the Louvre as well the cathedral of Notre Dame. However, the most famous landmark in this city must be the Eiffel Tower.
Paris is named after a group of people called Paris is. They built a small village on an
island in the middle of the Seine River about two thousand years ago. This island is called Ile de la Cite. It is where Notre Dame located. Today around eight million people live in the Paris area.
23. What does the text tell us about?
A. The world centre of education in Paris. C. The most famous landmark in Paris. B. The famous and beautiful city of Paris. D. A famous university in Paris.
24. What building is considered to be the oldest in Pont Neuf?
A. A bridge C. The river
B. A library D. Church and Tower
25. Why is Paris called the world center of education ? A. Paris is an international fashion center.
B. The headquarter of UNESCO is located here.
Read the text carefully to answer questions number 26 to 29.
Cat‟s whiskers, Kumis Kucing (Indonesian) are one of medical plant. They shape shurb, the stems moist, and its height can reach 1,5 meters. They can grow in wet or dry place at an altitude of 700 meter above sea level. The plants have an egg-shaped leaves spurs, leaves are coarsely toothed edges. Their flower stamen and pistil issued are white or purple.
According to the Atlas of Plant Medicine, cat‟s whiskers plant of interest is compound interest in the stem that comes out the ramifications. Cat‟s whiskers are in the form of fruit and fruit oval box. This plant can be propagated by seeds or stem cutting.
This cat‟s whiskers herb can be used to treat some accute diseases and cronic kidney infections, arthritis, high blood pressure, diabetes, bladder stones infections. To treat kidney diseases and hypertension, we need 30 grams of fresh herbs cat‟s whiskers, herb leaves, spoons and snake tongue grass. Boil them all in three glasses of water until it left only one glass. Once cool, strains then drink a half of glass of water twice a day.
To treat bladder stones infections, 90 grams of herbs cat‟s whiskers are needed and then washed and boiled in a liter of water until boiling and the remaining 750 cc. After it is cold, drink as much as three times a day each third section. Drink this mixture to heal illness.
26. How do the cat‟s whisker grow? It grows . . .
A. in wet places only. C. without coarsely toothed edges.
B. until 2,5 meters in height. D. at an altitude of 7 00 m above sea level.
27. What kinds of diseases can be treated with the cat‟s whiskers herb?
A. Diabetes and headache. C. Hypertension and stomachache. B. Bladder stones infections and diabetes. D. Arthritis and cough.
28. “This plant can be propagated by seeds or stem cutting? (paragraph 2 line 3) The underlined word means . . . .
A. Destructed C. extracted
B. sold D. spread
29. The main idea of the last paragraph is . . .
A. the way of making cat‟s whisker herbs mixture is easy. B. 750 cc of cat‟s whisker herbs can heal variety of illness.
C. cat‟s whisker herbs are useful for healing bladder stones infections. D. 90 grams of herbs cat‟s whiskers are extracted to be a herb.
Read the text carefully to answer questions number 30 to 33
HOW TO RUN THE MODEM 1) Firstly turn on your laptop.
2) And the secondly insert your modem into the modem slot. 3) After that install your modem in the modem program. 4) Next click connect in the modem program.
5) If the blue light of the modem is on, it means the modem is connected. 6) When you finish to connected your modem, open the internet programme.
For examples, mozilla fire fox, internet explorer and etc.
7) If you finish to use it, open again the modem programme and click disconnect and close it. And then remove your modem from the modem slot.
8) Finally, turn off your laptop.
30. How do we know that the modem has connected?
A. Modem has inserted into the slot. C. Laptop shows the modem program. B. The blue light of the modem is on. D. The mozilla firefox is off.
31. What must we do before remove modem from the slot?
A. Click disconnect and close modem. C. Connect to internet programme. B. Open the modem programme. D. Turn on the laptop.
32. “If you finish to use it.” The word „it‟ refers to . . . .
A. laptop C. modem
B. internet D. programme
Read the text to answer questions number 34 to 37.
A dragonfly has a life span of more than a year, but very little of that life is actually as an adult dragonfly. There are three stages of the dragonfly life cycle, the egg, the nymph, and the adult dragonfly. Most of the lifecycle of a dragonfly is lived out in the nymph stage and you don‟t see them at all, unless you are swimming underwater in a lake or pond with your eyes opened, of course.
The Egg Stage a male and a female dragonfly will mate while they are flying in the air. After two dragonflies mate, the female dragonfly will lay her eggs on a plant in the water, or if she can‟t find a suitable plant she will just drop them into the water.
Dragonfly nymphs live in the water while they grow and develop into dragonflies. This portion of the dragon fly life cycle can take up to four years to complete, and if the nymph cycle is completed in the beginning of the winter time, it will remain in the water until spring when it is warm enough to come out. Dragonfly nymphs live in ponds or marshy areas because the waters are calmer than in a stream or river. Sometimes they can be found in the calmer backwaters of rivers, too.
When the dragonfly leaves the water,it is a full grown of dragonfly. The dragonfly will hunt for food and begin to look for a mate. Once the dragonfly finds a mate, the female will find a body of calm water that will be a good place to lay her eggs, and the life cycle of the dragonfly begins all over again. Adult dragonflies only live about two months.
34. What does the text mostly tell about?
A. The living of the female dragonfly. C. Description of dragonfly in general. B. The growing of the male dragonfly. D. The characteristics of dragonfly.
35. From the text we know that . . . .
A. the dragonfly life cycle can take place for less than four years to complete B. dragonfly nymphs live in the water until develop into dragonflies
C. the female dragonfly will lay her eggs on the ground D. adult dragonflies can live about more than two months.
36. What is the main idea of the third paragraph ?
A. The habitat of dragonfly nymphs. C. The beginning of the dragonfly in the winter time. B. The portion of the dragonfly life cycle. D. The developing of dragonfly.
37. “Dragonfly nymphs live in ponds or marshy areas. . . ” (paragraph 3 line 3)
The underlined word means that the areas are always . . . and soft.
A. bare C. dry
B. oily D. wet
Read the text to answer questions number 38 to 40.
The Ant and the Grasshopper
One summer day a Grasshopper hopped about in a field. He was chirping, singing and dancing when an Ant passed by. She brought grains of wheat from the farmer‟s field nearby. All day long she worked hard collecting the grains of wheat and stored them carefully in her nest.
"Why do you work so hard ant?" said the Grasshopper, “Come, sing and dance with me. Enjoy the sun while you can" The Ant ignored him and hurried to the field. The Grasshopper laughed and hopped away across the meadow, singing and dancing merrily.
Soon winter came. The Grasshopper didn't feel like singing any more. He was cold and hungry. But he didn‟t have food to eat nor place to shelter from the snow. Then he remembered the ant. So, he went to the ant's house.
“Hello ant!” he cried cheerfully. “Here I am, to sing for you. Youcan give me some food in return!” The Ant looked at the Grasshopper and said, “All summer long I worked hard while you made fun of me, and sang and danced. Find somewhere else to sing, Grasshopper! “And the Ant shut the door in the Grasshopper's face.
38. Why did the ant collect the grains of wheat and store them ?
A. She disliked singing and dancing. C. She prepared food for winter. B. She agreed the grasshopper‟s advices. D. It is their habit to face a summer day.
39. What happened to the grasshoppers when the winter came?
A. He was cold and hungry. C. He collected some food. B. He had much food to eat. D. He only danced and sang.
40. What is the moral value of the story ?
For question 41 to 43, complete the passage with the most suitable words.
Ginger root is fast becoming a popular medicinal herb. It also available as a supplement which can be taken on daily bases. There are many benefits of Ginger, it is also good to know that there are no known drug side effects. Ginger doesn‟t interact (41) . . . any other nutrients or drug in the body. Ginger in all forms is safe to take. Ginger is good for heart as well. Just give frame of dried Ginger per day slows the production of LDL (bad) cholesterol (42) . . . triglycerides in the liver. Ginger also hinders plate lets from sticking together, thus decreasing the risk of stroke or heart attack (43) . . . . Everyone should have Ginger in their home.
41. A. from C. about
For question 41 to 43, complete the passage with the most suitable words.
I would like share my travelling experience. Last holiday, I went to India. If you like walking, Shimla is a great destination. (44) . . . is located in Himacal. I went there with my family. The most spectacular and beautiful landcape can be found there. Mountain Himachal is especially (45) . . . for snow. It is also a land of God, Goddesses, and saints. We reached the hotel in the morning. We took some rest for a while and then headed for our destination. We visited many places. I can‟t tell you the detail one by one but I (46) . . . many photos.
47. Arrange these words into a meaningful sentence.
hit the villagers sleeping were when soundly the landslide their house
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The best arrangement of the words is . . . .
A. 2 – 4 – 1 – 6 – 5 – 7 – 3 – 8 C. 2 – 3 – 4 – 5 – 7 – 6 – 1 – 8 B. 2 – 6 – 4 – 3 – 5 – 1 – 7 – 8 D. 2 – 4 – 3 – 6 – 5 – 7 – 1 – 8
48. Arrange these words into a meaningful sentence.
the red the slot put and button the coin press in then
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A. 3 – 8 – 6 – 2 – 4 – 9 – 1 – 7 – 5 C. 3 – 6 – 8 – 2 – 4 – 9 – 7 – 1 – 5 B. 3 – 6 – 2 – 6 – 4 – 9 – 5 – 1 – 7 D. 3 – 6 – 8 – 4 – 2 – 9 – 7 – 5 – 1
49. Arrange the following sentences into a meaningful passage.
How to Set Up Your TV Set
Be sure not to plug your TV set into an electrical outlet until you read this instruction. 1. Finally plug it into an electrical outlet. Turn it on and enjoy the program 2. Next, put it in a suitable place. Try not to expose it to direct sunlight.
3. Then take the TV set out off the box. Don„t forget to remove the plastic bags around the speakers. 4. First of all, make sure to open the box carefully. Don„t drop it. It„s fragile.
5. After that, remember to attach the wires from the speakers to the main unit. 6. If you don„t want to enjoy the program just turn it off.
50. Arrange the following sentences into a meaningful passage.
1. The wings are coloured in various patterns.
2. Butterflies are noted for their wings, which are often colourful and bright. 3. The butterflies are insects.
4. Bird wings are made of feathers, but butterfly wings are made of tiny overlapping scale.
5. Some butterfly wings look iridescent (changing rainbow colours, depending on the light) because of the way light hits the scale.
6. Butterfly wings are a bit like bird wings.
The best arrangement of the sentences is . . . .
A. 3 – 6 – 4 – 2 – 1 – 5 C. 3 – 2 – 4 – 6 – 1 – 5 B. 3 – 4 – 6 – 2 – 1 – 5 D. 3 – 2 – 6 – 4 – 1 – 5